- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- All Booked Up
- Animanga Club
- Between the Covers Book Club
- Cozy Corner Stories and Crafts
- Create it!
- Downton Abbey Watch Party
- Graphic Conversations
- Knit Wits
- Loose Threads
- Minecraft Club
- Parent-Child Mother Goose
- Shelf Indulgence Book Club
- Spice it Up!
- Studio Creative: STEAM Club
Thanks to the 1000 Books Foundation (the creators of the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program) we are able to share this wonderful free program with our patrons.
How does it work?
Read any book to your child before they start kindergarten.
Repeating books is definitely okay! Repetition is the key to success!
One book a day means 365 books in a year. Multiply that by three and you will have read 1,095 books.
How to start?
Pick up a 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten reading log at the library. When you have completed one reading log, come back to the library and we will log your child's progress and they will get a small prize from us.
How to Participate
Use your reading log to track when you read with your child. When one reading log is completed, come in for a photo and join our 1,000 Books wall of fame! Each completed reading log gets your child closer to the final goal of 1,000 books.
Remember to include any books being read to your child by others, such as grandparents, teachers and siblings!
Who can participate in this program?
- Any child from birth until they begin kindergarten can participate in the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program.
How long will the program take?
- The program will take anywhere from a few months to a few years. The program is self‐paced and will depend on how often you read together.
How many of my children can participate?
- All of them (provided they have not yet started kindergarten). Make it even more fun and read as a family!
Are there prizes?
- Yes! After each reading log is complete, bring it to the library and get a small prize. When your child completes the program, they are invited to a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten party right here at the library.
The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten name and logo are used with permission from the 1000 Books Foundation