Town of Morinville Library Board
Thank you for your interest in our Board. The Town of Morinville is not seeking applications for the Morinville Library Board at this time. If you are interested in joining the library board, please continue to follow our website and social media for the next announcement. For information on other Town of Morinville Boards and Committees vacancies and recruitment, please visit the Town of Morinville website.
The Library Board is a Council-appointed group that meets with library management once a month to provide advocacy and guidance.
As per the Library Board Operations Policy, board trustees must meet the following qualifications:
- Candidates for Board membership must be committed to the Library’s mission, vision and values statement and Plan of Service (outlined in the library's current Plan of Service document).
- Prospective trustees must serve on one or more Board committees and devote time to the Library’s business. Committee selection will be done at the November Board meeting.
- Prospective trustees must represent the community served by the Library and also
represent the Library to the community.
- Desirable traits are a willingness to contribute independent thought while working
cooperatively with other Board Trustees, as well as a willingness to acquire and maintain an awareness of library services and programs.
- Specific qualifications or expertise in the functional areas of the Board (policy management, financial management, personnel management, program and service management, public relations and liaison activities, planning and evaluation) would be an asset.
- Candidates must have a current library membership.
- Trustees can expect to attend a library board meeting every month. Other demands may include attending seminars, committee meetings, training sessions, and meetings with Municipal or Provincial authorities.
The Board has full governing powers over the Library. Its status and powers come from the Alberta Libraries Act.