Morinville Community Library gratefully accepts donations of books and other library materials, but we cannot always take all donations. Limited storage space means that all donations must be appraised by library staff before being accepted; the library reserves the right to refuse or redirect donations.
We can only accept donations given in person during normal operating hours. Please do not use the library dropbox to donate items.
Donations may be:
- Added to the library's collection
- Added to the library's book sale corner or Book Sale, with sale proceeds raising funds to support library programs
- Redirected to other charitable pursuits, such as Jessie's House or the Greater Edmonton Library Association's Prison Libraries Project
- Refused, with donors directed towards other recipients such as Value Village
Items we often accept (we cannot guarantee acceptance of any item):
- Like-new copies of classic titles
- Books published within the last 2 years
- Recent bestsellers
Items we cannot accept:
- Water-damaged, battered, or otherwise damaged items
- Dated non-fiction