Join the Board
As of December 2021, there are two vacancies to be filled on the Morinville Public Library Board. Representation from areas served by the Morinville Community Library such as Alexander Reserve or Sturgeon County will be considered an asset, as will experience in any of the following areas: finance, fundraising, human resources management.
Interested applicants should fill out and submit an application on the Town of Morinville Website as soon as possible.
Qualifications to join the Library Board are:
- Candidates for Board membership must be committed to the Library’s mission, vision and values statement and Plan of Service.
- Prospective trustees must serve on one or more Board committees and devote time to the Library’s business. Committee selection will be done at the November Board meeting.
- Prospective trustees must represent the community served by the Library and also
represent the Library to the community.
- Desirable traits are a willingness to contribute independent thought while working cooperatively with other Board Trustees, as well as a willingness to acquire and maintain an awareness of library services and programs.
- Specific qualifications or expertise in the functional areas of the Board (policy management, financial management, personnel management, program and service management, public relations and liaison activities, planning and evaluation) would be an asset.
- Candidates must have a current library membership.
- Trustees can expect to attend a library board meeting every month. Other demands may include attending seminars, committee meetings, training sessions, and meetings with Municipal or Provincial authorities.
Your community gateway to discovery, connection, inclusion and lifelong learning.
Enrich your life at the library.
COMMUNITY - sharing of welcoming attitudes, diverse interests and goals
INCLUSIVITY - fairness in the treatment of all individuals
PATRON SATISFACTION - providing exemplary service
PARTNERSHIPS - seeking collaborative connections
LIFELONG LEARNING – the ongoing pursuit of literacy and knowledge