Glitter Cupcake Ornaments
- 1x Plastic ornament ball
- 1x paper cupcake cup
- 3ml Rejuvenate – Floor shine refresher or same like product ( can get at Canadian Tire)
- 1 package of glitter or about 1 level teaspoon of fine glitter
- 1 teaspoon candy sprinkles of your choice
- Small amount of white thick toothpaste (cheaper the thicker) Walmart .88
- Ribbon or Jute to hang ornament
- Newspaper to craft on
- Glue stick
- Small Funnel for liquid shine refresher
- Small cup for plastic ball to drain in to
- Remove metal topper from plastic ball and put to the side. Careful not to squeeze top and misshape it.
- Using a small plastic funnel, pour about a tablespoon of floor shine refresher in to the ball. Starting with liquid on the bottom of the ball, rotate the ball so that the liquid covers all of the insides of the ball. Place upside-down on a small cup to drain excess out.
- Clip edge off of glitter package or pour about 1 teaspoon of glitter into ball. Use funnel again if you are measuring with an actual teaspoon for less mess.
- Rotate ball again to ensure all of the glitter covers the entire inside of the ball. Pour excess out either into a garbage or back into original container.
- Next, using your finger, take small amounts of thick toothpaste and add to top of ball as if adding icing to a cupcake. I found doing in circular motions gave a nice look.
- Once top ¼ or so of ball has toothpaste (icing) add candy sprinkles to the toothpaste. These can be lightly pressed into the toothpaste to insure they stay.
- Finally using a gluestick, add a good bit of glue to the back of the ball and then add cupcake paper to ornament. Press to make sure it adheres where you put the glue. I angled mine just a bit to show off more of the glitter inside. You may also wish to add a little glue to the front of ball in one spot and press paper to ball.
- Replace the metal topper and attach a piece of ribbon or Jute rope to hang your ornament. Well done!